The following are the requirements for the B.S. degree in Chemistry. To examine proposed course sequencing, and view a degree progress worksheet, refer to the Undergraduate Handbook.
- CHEM 101DL or CHEM 110DL, or CHEM 021
- MATH 111L & MATH 112L, or MATH 122L
- PHYSICS 141L & PHYSICS 142L or PHYSICS 151L & PHYSICS 152L or PHYSICS 161L & PHYSICS 162L
- CHEM 201DL & CHEM 202L
- CHEM 210DL or CHEM 020 or CHEM 021
- CHEM 310, CHEM 310L, CHEM 311, CHEM 311L, CHEM 393 (or its equivalent in a chemistry-related area), CHEM 401, CHEM 401L, CHEM 410, CHEM 420L, plus two additional courses selected from the following:
- BIOCHEM 301*
- CHEM 302,
- CHEM 394 (or its equivalent in a chemistry-related discipline)*
- any CHEM courses at or above the 500 level.
*Certification of the BS degree by the American Chemical Society. Certification of the B.S. degree by the American Chemical Society requires selection of BIOCHEM 301 and CHEM 394 (or its equivalent in a chemistry related discipline) plus CHEM 295.