With the exception of new entering students who register for the Fall upon their arrival at Duke, registration for both Summer and Fall semesters is done during the Spring semester. All students must register for Continuation for Fall, Spring and Summer, regardless of the number of courses they are enrolled in.
NOTE: Chemistry graduate students normally do not register for courses during the Summer: special arrangements and permission form the Director of Graduate Studies would be required to do so. Since no doctoral level courses are offered during the summer, Ph.D. students typically do not register for classes during summer session. Tuition for any courses taken for the summer must be paid from non-departmental funds, typically at the students’ personal expense.
Instructions for Course Registration
- Go to DukeHub
- Select Student, Faculty, and Advisor Login and login with your NetID and password
- Select Class Search and choose the appropriate term
- Click on a letter to list available subjects
- Click on the arrow to see available classes for that subject
- Click on class name to see the class details
- Select 'add to book bag' - NOTE: items in your book bag are not officially enrolled courses
- Select 'go to enroll page'
- Click 'Finish Enrolling' to complete the registration
- View the results screen to see the outcome of your enrollment