Welcome to Professor Patrick Charbonneau's Group Page
- 10/25/2019 Prof. Charbonneau has given a lecture in the Bridge Lecture Series titled "The glass problem: changing and challenging material definitions" in St. Jerome's University in Waterloo, Canada.
- 08/01/2019 Congratulations to Yi Hu, who was granted the Peter Walter Jeffs fellowship for the Spring 2020.
- July 2019 Prof. Charbonneau has given lectures titled "Bridging between mean-field and real glasses" in the 2019 International graduate summer school on "Frontiers of soft matter and amorphous materials" in Shanghai Jiaotong University in China.
- 06/21/2018 Prof. Charbonneau has brought together researchers from industry and academia to develop a tool for automatizing protein crystal recognition. Read more on the Duke Research Blog and in PLOS One.
- 06/14/2018 The Charbonneau group has been awarded computation time by XSEDE for better understanding protein crystallization and glass transition.
- Apr. 2018 Patrick Charbonneau gave a delicious talk about the science of cooking in NC Science Festival, the Research Triangle MRSEC's annual outreach event.
- 03/12/2018 Congratulations to Yi Hu who has been awarded a 3rd Place of GSOFT Poster Prize on 2018 APS March Meeting.
- Nov. 2017 With 30 pages of handwritten calculations, Duke postdoctoral fellow Sho Yaida has laid to rest a 30-year-old mystery about the nature of glass and disordered materials at low temperatures. The work came out in Physical Review Letters. Learn more on Duke Magazine and Duke TODAY.