Welcome to Professor Patrick Charbonneau's Group Page
- Congratulations to Prof. Joyjit Kundu for his recent Physical Review Letters publication, which finds evidence for vestiges of dynamical criticality in high-dimensional glasses. This work, in collaboration with Ludovic Berthier, from Université de Montpellier is part of the research efforts supported by the Simons Collaboration on Cracking the Glass Problem. Read more
- Congratulations to Prof. Charbonneau for being one of the top 2018 reviewers for the Journal of Chemical Physics. Read more
- 05/04/2020 Prof. Charbonneau gets interviewed by Duke Office of Scientific Integrity, talking about the cultural shift toward routinely depositing and sharing research data. See the interview on dosi.duke.edu.
- 03/04/2020 Take a quick peek at Prof. Patrick Charbonneau's efforts devoted to cracking glass in a You Tube video featured here on The Duke Daily!
- 02/07/2020 The Exhibit entitled Seeing the Invisible: 50 Years of Macromolecular Visualization, co-curated by Prof. Charbonneau, has opened. It can also be visited online.
- 11/07/2019 Congratulations to Irem Altan for successfully defending her PhD thesis! Link
- 10/25/2019 Prof. Charbonneau has given a lecture in the Bridge Lecture Series titled "The glass problem: changing and challenging material definitions" in St. Jerome's University in Waterloo, Canada.
- 08/01/2019 Congratulations to Yi Hu, who was granted the Peter Walter Jeffs fellowship for the Spring 2020.
- July 2019 Prof. Charbonneau has given lectures titled "Bridging between mean-field and real glasses" in the 2019 International graduate summer school on "Frontiers of soft matter and amorphous materials" in Shanghai Jiaotong University in China.
- 06/21/2018 Prof. Charbonneau has brought together researchers from industry and academia to develop a tool for automatizing protein crystal recognition. Read more on the Duke Research Blog and in PLOS One.
- 06/14/2018 The Charbonneau group has been awarded computation time by XSEDE for better understanding protein crystallization and glass transition.
- Apr. 2018 Patrick Charbonneau gave a delicious talk about the science of cooking in NC Science Festival, the Research Triangle MRSEC's annual outreach event.
- 03/12/2018 Congratulations to Yi Hu who has been awarded a 3rd Place of GSOFT Poster Prize on 2018 APS March Meeting.