Welcome to Professor Patrick Charbonneau's Group Page
- 07/08/2016 The Charbonneau group and collaborators have recently found evidence for an exotic phase transition that might underlie the behavioral difference between amorphous solids and crystallines. The results appear on the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, USA.
- Apr. 2016 Prof. Charbonneau's glass-forming liquids featured in French popular science magazine, La Recherche. Here is the link to the article.
- 04/11/2016 Professor Patrick Charbonneau and an international team of physicists have been awarded four years of support from the Simons Foundation to seek a clearer understanding of the physics of glass. More information about this team can be found here.
- 02/29/2016 Yuan Zhuang has recently made a breakthrough in the description of the periodic microphases. The results can be found in Physical Review Letters.
- 03/19/2015 Congratulations to Prof. Charbonneau who has received tenure from Duke University and promotion to Associate Professor!
- 03/15/2015 Congratulations to Irem Altan who has been awarded an MCC Travel Grant to attend "The Physics of Protein Self-Assembly" on 06/22/2015.
- 01/15/2015 Patrick Charbonneau hosts seminar in Paris to his experience teaching an introdustry-level science class on melding chemistry and cuisine at Duke University. Please view the seminar, here.
- 11/11/2014 Patrick Charbonneau gets interviewed by the American Scientist, talking about his understanding of the glass problem. Find the podcast and the full text on American Scientist.